Wednesday, April 21, 2010

SUPERHERO BIRTHDAY

I have to admit, i had a hard time with this years theme...I'm not into superhero's, so planning and creating for something i don't know much about was hard.  I procrastinated more than i usually do. But in the end, this party turned out absolutely fantastic.  The only thing we lacked were costumes for my husband and myself.
So the weather!!!!!  it was perfect.  I may have an ulcer from stressing over it for weeks ahead of time, but in the end it was awesome.
We had the annual bouncy house...this year, a spiderman house.
Next, we had a face painter.....She was the HIT of the party.  THe kids were so excited to have their faces painted as superheros!!!  And they were very patient waiting in line!

I gave out favors at the start of the party.  I made each child a cape, and inside the bag i put their initials, and a superhero symbol with gems and stickers for them to decorate the capes themselves.

We had an obstacle course that we did as well.  It started off with potato sacks


Then they had to 'benchpress' 3x
then run in and out of some cones, hop on some lily pads, and THEN they got to use silly string (to spray a villan taped to a balloon).......once they saw the silly string, most of the obstacles were skipped just heading straight for the string!!!!!
I made a round cake with the bat symbol, and then spiderweb cupcakes.  The kids LOVED the cupcakes. The adults loved the cake. :) 

For decorations I made a skyline using boxes of various sizes. Spraypainted black, and painted a white square for windows.  Then we had a large blowup spiderman which i put on the buildings.

 
at the start of the obstacle course we had signs posted for superhero training


 
My husband and I were Supa Dad, and Bat mamma

 
It was an awesome day.  My son and his friends all had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment