Wednesday, January 13, 2010

SCOOOOOBY DOOOOBY DOOOO

Its that time of year again where I am trying to think up ideas for my sons birthday.  Last years party turned out so incredible, i'm writing this post for inspiration, as well as submitting it to Tip Junkie so others can get inspired!

My son is obsessed with Scooby Doo.  And honestly, I am too. :)  I brings me back to my childhood...I always watched it...until Scrappy came into the picture!  So when the time came to planning his party, I asked him what kind of party he'd like to have...and Scooby Doo was it.  So here it is.  







The Mystery Machine...My very artistic husband made! Steering wheel and doorbell included. :)
Party wouldn't be complete without the scooby doo bouncy house!!!






The favors I used dog bowls that I found at the dollar store and put each kids name on them.  Filled with scooby snacks, paw print lollipops that we made, tattoos, balls, blowers.

We all dressed up as the characters from the show...and we were lucy enough to have 2 friends who resembled Velma and Shaggy!!!  It was perfect!

  
and the cake!  I baked a sheet cake and just cut it into the shape of the van...and then used the Scooby colors for tinting the icing.  I thought decorating it woudl be be MUCH harder than it actually was...


This party turned out to be SO much fun!  The Mystery Machine was a huge hit with all the kids because it had doors, seats, a steering wheel...they could drive each other around etc.  Also, the bouncy house is always a big part of all of our parties, bc it gives the kids a place to burn off engery.  Not to mention when you have a crowd of 4 and under, games aren't really something they can do.
I always look forward to planning both his and sadie's parties...This year he is having a superhero party, and i'm already on the hunt for ideas and inspiration.

3 comments:

  1. Wow I love your ideas! Looks like the birthday boy had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great--looks like so much fun!!! My son's 5th bday is next week and we're doing a Scooby theme (though the party is at Peter Piper Pizza so I don't have to do much). THanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! we loved putting it all together!

    ReplyDelete